ACT FOR ACT AWARD COMPETITION CONDITIONS
- This competition ("Competition") is conducted by AAI Limited ABN 48 005 297 807 trading as GIO, (“Promoter”), of Level 28 Brisbane Square, 266 George Street, Brisbane, Queensland 4000, phone number 13 10 10.
- All entry instructions and prize information published by the Promoter form part of these conditions. By entering, entrants accept these conditions.
- The Competition is only open to individuals who: (i) are ACT residents aged 18 years or older at time of entry are a New South Wales resident aged 18 years or older at time of entry; (ii) are not directors, management or employees, or their immediate family members, of the Promoter or its related companies or agencies associated with the Competition, (“Eligible Entrant”).
- Competition entry commences at 8AM AEDST on Monday 6 November 2017 and closes at 8AM AEDST on Monday 4 December 2017 ("Entry Period").
To enter the Competition, an Eligible Entrant must, during the Entry Period:
- Visit www.actforact.com.au
- Nominate their Act for ACT (“Nominee”) by
- registering at www.actforact.com.au; and
- providing all relevant information about their Nominee as requested on the entry form.
- Limit of one entry per person. Any subsequent entry from the same person after the first valid entry is received will be deemed invalid. A Nominee may also only be nominated once. Any subsequent entry from another person after the first Nominee is received will be deemed invalid.
- Entries must be received by the Promoter during the Entry Period. Entries will be deemed received at the time that the Promoter is satisfied that all necessary requirements under condition 5 have been met and not at the time of submission by the Eligible Entrant. The Promoter takes no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, illegible or misdirected entries or delays or failures in any equipment or telecommunications service used to administer this Competition.
- Cost of entry via the internet is free, but internet connection and usage rates may apply. Eligible Entrants should obtain details of such costs from their service providers.
- Nominees must be living and an Act for ACT will not be granted posthumously.
- Nominees must be individual people and groups of people are not eligible for nomination.
- Unsuccessful Nominees may not be nominated again in subsequent years.
- Nominees can be only nominated in the ACT.
- Nominees must be in good standing in the Community.
- Each Eligible Entrant acknowledges and agrees that the Promoter (and each of its assignees and licensees) has the right, in its absolute discretion, to edit, amend, copy, reproduce, use, publish, broadcast and communicate to the public, the entry in any media including television and the internet, without any further consultation, reference, payment or other compensation. Each Eligible Entrant also agrees that they will not make any claim against the Promoter (or its assignees and licensees) arising from the exercise of these rights, including claims in relation to any moral rights that they may otherwise have.
- The Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, declare an entry invalid or disqualify any entrant that tampers with the entry process or benefits from such tampering, submits an entry that is incomplete or not in accordance with these conditions, or otherwise acts in a manner that is disruptive, dishonest or calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of this Competition.
- Once a nomination has been entered the Promoter will contact the Nominee to confirm in writing their acceptance of the nomination. The Promoter reserves the right to require an entrant to verify the validity of their entry within the requested time, including but not limited to an entrant’s identity, eligibility, age and address and to disqualify any entrant who does not satisfy any entry criteria in these conditions. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Proof considered suitable for verification is at the Promoter’s discretion.
JUDGING AND PRIZE(S)
- This Competition is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winner(s).
- Between 9AM AEDST Monday 4 December 2017 and 11:59PM AEDST on Monday 4 December 2017] the Judging Panel will shortlist 20 finalists based on the criteria outlined in Section 19. After this period members of the public (“Voting Period”), will be able to vote for their favourite entry, using the Promoter’s voting mechanism at www.actforact.com.au.
- The following judging criteria will be used to select 20 shortlisted entries.
- The impact, contribution and longevity of the support the Nominee has made to the ACT.
- The overall passion shown by the Nominee towards the ACT and its community.
- There will four (4) Major Prizes of $10,000 which will be awarded to the overall winners as judged by a selected Judging Panel to their absolute discretion. Of the $10,000 awarded to each winner, $5000 will awarded to the award recipient while the remaining $5000 will be donated to the Canberra Hospital Foundation in the recipient’s name.
- A People’s Choice Award of $10,000 will be awarded to the entry which receives the most public votes via www.actforact.com.au. Of the $10,000, $5000 will awarded to the winner while he remaining $5000 will be donated to the Canberra Hospital Foundation in the recipient’s name.
- The total prize pool is valued at $50,000 AUD including GST as at 6 November 2017. A prize value is the recommended retail value as provided by the relevant supplier(s). The Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in a prize’s value due to exchange rate changes or otherwise.
- Any additional costs not expressly stated, but which may be incurred in acceptance and use of a prize, are the responsibility of the winner.
- Other than as expressly stated in these conditions, a prize is nontransferable, non-refundable, non-exchangeable, non-replaceable, and non-redeemable for another prize including cash, except at the Promoter’s discretion.
- The winner(s) will be notified by telephone and in writing within 3 business days of judging the winners.
- The prize notification will include instructions as to how the winner is to claim their prize.
- The prize(s) will only be awarded following any winner validation and verification that the Promoter requires in its sole discretion.
- If: (i) a prize is not claimed by a winner or the Promoter has been unable (despite reasonable efforts) to successfully contact the winner; or (ii) a winner is determined by the Promoter to be ineligible to win a prize in accordance with these conditions, the relevant prize will be forfeited and instead awarded to the Eligible Entrant judged to have the next best entry in accordance with the criteria set out in condition 17 or the Eligible Entrant entry with the next highest number of votes. Any resulting winner(s) will be notified by telephone and writing within 3 business days of judging the winner. That process will be repeated if required.
- If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned, or is interfered with or disrupted in any way (including by vandalism, power failures, natural disasters, acts of God, weather event, civil unrest, strikes, computer bugs or viruses, tampering or technical failures), the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition, or invalidate any affected entries.
- The Promoter assumes no responsibility for: (i) any error, omission, interruption, or delay in the operation or transmission of any communication sent to (or by) the Promoter or any entrant whether caused by problems with communication networks or lines, computer systems, software or internet service providers, congestion on any carrier network or otherwise; (ii) any theft, destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of such communications; (iii) any problem with, or technical malfunction of, any computer system or other equipment used for the conduct of the Competition; (iv) any incorrect or incomplete information which may be communicated in the course of the administering this Competition (whether as a result of one of the foregoing causes or otherwise); or (v) any delay in delivery (when not directly caused by the Promoter or its supplier), or failure of safe delivery of a prize.
- All of the Promoter's decisions in relation to all aspects of this Competition are final and no correspondence will be entered into. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- A winner accepts a prize at their own risk. Any tax liability arising as a result of accepting a prize is the responsibility of the winner. Independent financial advice should be sought.
- To the full extent permitted by law, the Promoter, its associated companies and agencies and any of their personnel (the "Relevant Parties") exclude all liability for any loss (including any damage, claim, injury, cost or expense) which is suffered or incurred by any Eligible Entrant in connection with the Competition or a prize, including without limitation: (i) any indirect, special, economic or consequential loss; (ii) any loss arising from the negligence of a Relevant Party; and (iii) any liability for personal injury or death. To the extent that such liability cannot be excluded by law, it is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
- The winner(s) must, at the Promoter’s request, participate in all promotional activity (such as publicity and photography) surrounding winning a prize, free of charge, and consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice (including any photograph, film and/or recording of them) in promotional material in any media at any time without notification or compensation, financial or otherwise.
- Each entrant completely releases Facebook from any and all liability in relation to this Competition, and acknowledges that this Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
- Apple, the Apple logo and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Apple Inc is not a sponsor of this Competition and is not involved in the Competition in any way.
PRIVACY STATEMENT AND MARKETING CONSENT
- Entrants’ personal information is collected from entrants by or on behalf of the Promoter to enable the Promoter and its agents to manage, administer and promote the Competition and, where applicable, publicise the winner(s). The personal information may also be provided to persons assisting the Promoter, including prize suppliers and deliverers, marketing agencies and IT providers, media outlets and related companies. The Promoter will disclose entrants’ personal information and/or collect personal information about entrants from persons overseas to engage in its business functions and activities and for the purposes detailed in this statement. The country/ies the Promoter will usually disclose entrants’ personal information to include Australia. The winner’s name will also be published at www.actforact.com.au. By participating in the Competition, Eligible Entrants consent to these uses and disclosures of their personal information.
- If an entrant has marked the “opt-in” box on the entry form, the entrant also consents to the retention of their personal information so that the Promoter and any related companies that use the GIO brand (“we”/”us”) may use this information from time to time to let the entrant know about news, offers, products and services they might be interested in (by any medium, including telephone, email, mail, SMS or online marketing). In order to carry out direct marketing, entrants’ personal information will be collected from and disclosed to others that provide us with specialised data matching, trending or analytical services, as well as general marketing services. We, and other people who provide us with services, may combine the personal information collected from entrants or others, with the information we, or other companies in the Suncorp Group, or our service providers already hold about entrants. We may also use online targeted marketing, data and audience matching and market segmentation to improve advertising relevance. Entrants may unsubscribe from marketing communications at any time using information contained in a marketing message or by making a request during a telephone call.
- Notwithstanding anything in condition 39, if on the entry form an entrant requests future contact from the Promoter and/or its related company GIO about one or more GIO products and services, or provides information about their product or service needs or interests, the entrant understands and agrees that the Promoter will retain their personal information and disclose their personal information to Suncorp Group so that GIO and the Promoter can use this information to contact the entrant at a later date by any means (including telephone, email, mail, SMS or online marketing) about such products and service.